Friday, January 7, 2011

Another done-

The nights have been nice and I have been able to work on my Wollmeise socks.  And today I finished the Kitchener stitch and the socks are done.  Tried them on and they fit perfectly--yeah!  So it is the 7th day of the first month of the year, and I have finished 2 projects that were OTN for a while.  That is not a bad thing. 

Next is the WM sweater I started in 2009 for my daughter.  It is a February Lady sweater and I am about a third of the way done.  I want to finish it and surprise her for her birthday.  So I have a bit of time, 5 months.  But I want to get it done well before that as I have a few other things that I need to do as well.

But knitting is not all I have been doing.  I am working on my first set of kitchen towels, weaving them in an 8/2 cotton.  The warp is a pale yellow and the weft is white.  This was the warp from hell that made me back away for a week after I put it on the loom.  But for all its difficulties, the weaving is going well.  I think that there will be at least 6 towels out of the warp.  After I get the one I am doing done--the 4th in the set- I think I am going to change the tie ups for another pattern and do another color for the last 2 towels.  I may send 2 to each of my sisters and keep the last 2.  Not sure but it is fun as the process goes on.  Maybe I will get them done this weekend.  That would be nice and then I could warp the black wool for Sam's scarf. I am having way too much fun...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome progress! I can't wait to see what else you get done.

    ReplyDelete