Saturday, January 15, 2011

Planting seeds the knitting way.

Been a few days and realized I had not written anything.  I went to Connecticut this week to watch my 2 wonderful nieces while their parents took a 50th birthday celebration for Dad to Jamaica.  I personally think I got the better end of the deal on this, 2 feet of snow where they live or not.

We did lots of fun things but what was the best was getting them to start knitting, in a fashion.  We went to Michael's and bought yarn for each and kids knitting needles.  We also went to Wal-Mart and got a set of the circular easy knitters.  I figured the 6 year old could work on the easy knitter and the 9 year old we would start with the needles.  Well suffice to say, both took to the easy knitters.  We spent at least 2-3 hours working on them, getting started and helping learn the process.  Both girls were very focused and I was very impressed.  But more was to come.  Later that evening and again this morning, BOTH girls got out 'their knitting' and started working on their hats. No prompting needed from Aunt Rena, just a bit of help with errant loops now and then.  Each had 2 different sizes going when I left today and it will be interesting to see if they keep it up when I talk to them in a few days.  Now is the time to plant the seeds and I think that that was definitely accomplished this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment